Stephen Minister Info Meetings
You can help others struggling with a life crisis, adversity, or grief. Stephen Ministers provide care to our congregation through this vital ministry, and you’re invited to join the team of compassionate caregivers. Come find out how at one of these informational meetings.
Sunday, January 19 / 11:30am
White Bear Campus / Fishbowl
Sunday, January 26 / 10am
Roseville Campus / Conference Room (Room 101)
Stephen Ministry is new to Calvary Church. Stephen Ministers walk beside a person who is struggling with hope due to a life crisis, adversity, or grief. The ministry is named for Stephen, a Christ-follower whose life and ministry is described in Acts 6-8. Stephen was one of seven people commissioned by the apostles to provide a care ministry for the widows of the church in Jerusalem.
To prepare for lay ministry, Stephen Ministers receive thorough, practical training as well as ongoing supervision and support.
What is a Stephen Minister?
Stephen Ministers are congregation members trained to provide confidential one-on-one, Christ-centered care for people in crisis or with other pressing needs.
What do Stephen Ministers do?
- Explore feelings
- Share Christ’s love
- Maintain confidentiality
- Meet with their care receiver regularly
- Attend to the care-giving process and leave the results to God
Stephen Ministers are not…
- Casual visitors
Stephen Ministers care for those who are:
- Grieving loss of loved ones
- In a crisis
- Suffering from a chronic or terminal illness
- Experiencing post-partum symptoms
- Challenges with adoption or fostering children
- Working through life-transitions
- Experiencing frustrating or challenging family issues
- Going through a divorce
- Affected by job loss
- Disabled or assisting a disabled family member
- Struggling with separation due to military deployment
Are you interested in learning how to become a Stephen Minister? Are you or someone you care about in need of a Stephen Minister?