We’re launching Stephen Ministry at Calvary Church, and will soon have people with the gifts and skills to care for others ready to walk beside you during your trials.
To prepare for lay ministry, Stephen Ministers receive thorough, practical training as well as ongoing supervision and support.
What is a Stephen Minister?
Stephen Ministers are congregation members trained to provide confidential one-on-one, Christ-centered care for people in crisis or with other pressing needs.
What do Stephen Ministers do?
- Explore feelings
- Share Christ’s love
- Maintain confidentiality
- Attend to the care-giving process and leave the results to God
Stephen Ministers care for those who are:
- Grieving loss of loved ones
- In a crisis
- Suffering from chronic or terminal illness
- Working through life-transitions
- Going through a divorce
- Experiencing job loss
- Struggling with separation due to military deployment