After years of prayer, our congregation and leadership developed a strategic plan to accommodate future growth at Calvary Church. We’re excited to follow God’s lead in this three-year Transform Campaign to accomplish two amended growth goals: refreshing and building-out new facilities, and planting new churches overseas.
We’ve been blessed with commitments around $3 million. It’s amazing to see God’s people giving so generously, and we thank you! Those in leadership have spent much time praying and talking about how to proceed, and have determined the areas of greatest need at this time. We will continue to seek your input as we consider launching into a second phase of the campaign following this three-year campaign. The goal is to eventually complete all the originally proposed projects.
So what ARE we doing for the campaign right now? We have revised our building plans and updated the growth goals (above). Senior leadership and Elders have met with architects to discuss how to best use our resources—both campuses were reviewed in this process. We asked questions of the congregation and prayerfully considered how to best serve the people of Calvary Church in all that we do. We appreciate your ongoing prayers regarding the Transform Campaign as we confidently move forward with these projects, trusting God and thanking Him for His faithfulness!
At our Special Business Meeting on March 4, our congregation voted to approve the steps necessary to begin our campus updates. Thank you for putting your trust in our leadership so we can continue moving forward in faith! Now we hope to break ground this spring. Curious what the campus updates are? Click on the link below, or stop by the Welcome Center for a hard copy of this brochure.
- We’re so thankful for the 327 Transform Campaign Commitment Cards received!
- Over 600 people are represented in those cards. All have committed to pray and financially support the campaign.
- $3,009,052 total committed to date.
- Over $1,600,000 has been received in stock donations and financial gifts.
- We praise God for the generosity of the Calvary Church congregation!
- Leadership continues to be in prayer to determine which goals will receive attention first, but have approved moving forward with a few projects (listed below).
- Updated Signage—In order to be more welcoming and to clearly identify our buildings from the street, we have updated our exterior monument sign graphics at both campuses, and replaced/repaired lighting. Monument signs are typically, well, monumental in cost… but we found a vendor that was able to work within our limited budget to refresh our signs, and accomplish our goals.
- Building Signage—We’ve added halo-lit letters to the Roseville Campus building at the corner of Lexington Avenue and Burke Street. White Bear Township ordinances don’t allow lighted letters on buildings, so we will be revisiting options for identifying the White Bear Campus building at a later date. “Calvary Church” letters will be added to White Bear Campus building this summer!
- Atrium Update—The Atrium at Roseville Campus is one of the most used rooms on the campus. In order to meet the needs of the groups needing audio and visual resources to communicate in that space, a major technology upgrade is in process, and will be completed this summer.
- Roseville Campus HVAC—Due to age and inefficiency of our current heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems, two new roof-top HVAC units will be installed to service the Worship Center.
- Revising Architectural Plans—We are close to finalizing plans with architectural firm BWBR that will maximize a redesign of space, and fit within our budget. We plan to start the remodeling projects at both campuses in 2018. Want to see the plans? Click on Transform Campaign Update Brochure link above.
- The Timothy Initiative—We’re engaging with this partner to do church planting in Nepal. Again, more information was shared at the Semi-Annual Business Meeting in January. If you’d like to know what was shared, contact Vonn Dornbush.
- Digital Soundboard—The soundboard at White Bear Campus was updated in winter 2018.
Check back to this page for updates as Transform Campaign Leadership amends the growth goals. We covet your prayers regarding how we should move forward with campaign initiatives.
Campaign Commitment Cards welcome anytime! If you would like to give to the campaign above and beyond your usual tithe and offerings, fill out the handy electronic Commitment Card, re-save the pdf with your name, and email to Jim Feldman. Or pick up a card (in the green envelope) at the Welcome Center at either campus. Return these to the drop box at the Welcome Center of your campus.
A simple and convenient way to give. Consider automating your campaign donations (along with your regular giving) using our electronic giving program.
We’re excited about the vision Calvary leaders have cast for this church. If you’d like to hear more about how we arrived at our growth goals, and where we are in the campaign, contact one of the leaders listed below.
Program Leader—Roseville Campus
Program Leader—White Bear Campus